To glorify God through obedience to the Great Commission (Acts 1:8). Local missions projects fulfill the command to be witnesses in our "Judea."
- Our Homeless Outreach ministers to the physical and spiritual needs of the homeless.
The Homeless of the Metro-East in cooperation with The Bridge in St. Louis
Outreach Days (4th Sunday/Month):
- We meet in the Main Lobby of the church ready to leave by 12:30 p.m.
- We distribute donated items (clothing, blankets, etc.) to the homeless.
- We return to church by 4:30 p.m.
Anyone is welcome to donate items, help us hand them out, or to pray for the homeless and our volunteers. (Children helping to hand out items must be accompanied by an adult.)
Items Needed for Spring/Summer:
- Running Shorts
Items Needed for Winter:
- Sleeping Bags
Items Greatly Needed:
- Men’s shorts
- Tennis shoes
Items Needed Year-Round:
- New/Used Adult Jeans
- Sweat Pants & Hooded Sweatshirts (“Hoodies”)
- Flashlights & Candles
- Batteries (All Sizes)
- Personal Hygiene Items (Travel-Size)
- Tennis Shoes & White Socks
While we need both men’s & women’s items, we typically need many more pieces of clothing, pairs of socks & shoes for men.
- Item donations may be dropped off at Missions Central in the Lobby.
- Monetary donations to purchase propane, batteries, and other items in short supply may be placed in the offering basket during weekend services in an envelope marked, "Homeless Outreach."