To glorify God through obedience to the Great Commission (Acts 1:8). Local missions projects fulfill the command to be witnesses in our "Judea."
- As part of the Maryville Ministerial Alliance, we support the Maryville Outreach Center in its mission of expressing Christ's love through meeting people's needs through the Food Pantry, Grandma's Attic, and Residents' Assistance Program (RAP).
- The Food Pantry is a non-profit organization that helps meet the needs of people who live in our community, who attend a local church, or who have a child in a Maryville school. The Pantry provides emergency and supplemental items such as food, personal hygiene items, paper products, and laundry/cleaning supplies for qualified individuals and families. Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets are provided annually.
- Anyone can shop at Grandma's Attic, a resale shop. All proceeds support the Food Pantry, Residents' Assistance Program (RAP), and building/program costs.
- The Residents' Assistance Program (RAP) assists Maryville residents and church members with emergency needs, such as rent, utilities, and medications on a temporary basis.
Ministry Schedule & Location
Maryville Outreach Center is located at 504 East Division Street in Maryville, IL (618.345.9693)
Food Pantry Hours of Operation:
- Tuesdays: 5:30 - 7 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10 a.m. - Noon
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. - Noon
Grandma's Attic Hours of Operation:
- Tuesdays: 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays & Thursdays: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. - Noon
Residents' Assistance Program (RAP) Hours of Operation:
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday's: 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The Food Pantry and Grandma's attic are staffed by volunteers from local churches. Volunteers are always needed during operating hours.
- Volunteers are needed to occasionally to pick up bread at the Schnuck’s grocery store in Collinsville every three weeks.
- Extra help is always needed to put together special baskets for food pantry clients for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
FBCM Contacts: Marsha Ray (Food Pantry), Lori Dunbar (Grandma's Attic)
Donations of non-perishable food, personal hygiene items, paper products, and laundry/cleaning supplies may be dropped off at Missions Central in the Main Lobby of the church or at the Outreach Center during Food Pantry hours (see above).
We are asking for the following donations (items in green bold text are especially needed at this time):
- Canned food items:
- Canned Fruit
Pork and Beans
- Tuna, Chicken, Salmon, Ham, and Spam
- Canned Pasta
- Non-canned food items:
- Peanut Butter
- Grape/Strawberry Jelly
- Condiments (mustard, mayo, ketchup, BBQ sauce)
- Salad Dressings
- Hamburger Helper
- Kool-aid/Lemonade Drink Mix
Pancake Mix and Syrup
- Plain Pasta
- Pasta Sauce
- Cake/Brownie mix
- Paper products:
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Cleaning supplies:
- Laundry/Dish Detergent
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Personal hygiene items:
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Disposable Razors/Shaving Lotion
- Body Lotion
- Hand Soap
- Bar Soap
- Body Wash
- Dental Floss
Donations of household items suitable for resale may be dropped off at the Outreach Center during Grandma's Attic hours (see above). Grandma's Attic does NOT accept furniture or electronics.
Monetary donations for the Food Pantry and RAP are also accepted during Outreach Center operating hours.