Dr. Tom Hufty
I began a teaching ministry at FBCM in October 2009 as the Interim Pastor. I began serving as Senior Pastor in February 2011.
Senior Pastor: I teach on Sunday morning, cast vision for the church, and develop the staff and volunteer leaders.
Joys of Serving
I enjoy teaching and developing leaders most of all. I love to see life change in people as a result of their involvement in ministry. To me, there is nothing more exciting and motivating than to see someone connect with God and begin to live out His purpose for their life.
To know God and to make Him look good. To me that means to make Him look good as a person, as a partner to my wife, as a parent to my children, and as a proclaimer of truth.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5 - 6
These verses are staples in my life that keep me focused on my purpose.
- Doctorate of Educational Ministry ABD
- Honorary Doctorate of Theology
- Master's Degree of Religious Education
- Bachelor's Degree of Religious Education
- Associate of Arts
- Author: Time Alone With God, Bethany House Publishers; 180: Changing the Direction of Your Life One Day at a Time, WestBow Press
My favorite thing to do is spend time with my wife Rhonda. I also enjoy playing golf and going to ballgames, the beach, and the mountains.
- Wife: Rhonda
- Son: Zac (Wife, Nicole) - 3 Daughters
- Daughter: Mackenzie (Husband, D.H.) - 1 Daughter
Little Known Fact
Wow, I don't know. I am pretty transparent. Umm, I would probably say that I play the guitar or piano everyday just to relax. Now it is no longer a little known fact.